At the Bottom of the Steps

At the Bottom of the Steps
watercolor

Tuesday, January 04, 2011

CHANGE PICTURE?

Every time I get the mouse pointer ( does it have a name?) anywhere near my profile picture, a pop-up suggests I change it.
I have news for my mouse. It doesn't get any better. You are who you are.
Oh, I've tried.
I hid out in my bathroom once, set my camera for automatic timer and tried to get posed before the flash went off. I almost made it. There is just a bit of my forehead visible. See, at the last moment, I realized that the camera was pointed up, and I climbed up onto the tub edge, grabbed the shower curtain rod and smiled. The flash went off just as I fell, and caught my forehead. The tub caught the rest of me.
And once, I rested the camera on the place where two huge branches of my catalpa tree converge just over my deck. I set the timer and got into position before I heard the bird above me. As the flash went off, I looked up...
My daughter takes lovely pictures, and she has attempted to photograph me. Unfortunately, her camera can do only so much. And I've tried those touch-up features on the online photo programs. When you get to that degree of touch-up, the program asks you to upgrade your membership.
No, You just are what you are, and I suppose I should be grateful. My wrinkles hide most of my imperfections...things like my eyes and my nose. People don't study my pictures too much. Peering into those wrinkles is a little like looking into dark caverns: you can't see anything, but you can hear the bats flying around.
I'm just glad you can't smell guano.
As for my mouse, he'll have to get used to the profile picture I'm using. It's the same one I've had posted in the kitchen for years. Sure repels his cousins.

No comments: